Seniors Supporting Seniors
The Senior Peer Support Program is a FREE, confidential, one-to-one support to women and men 55+ years of age. We provide support to seniors who are experiencing:
- Lifestyle changes
- Changing relationships with family and friends
- Aging and health concerns
- and more
The goals of the Senior Peer Support Program include:
- Providing encouragement
- Helping people manage their own concerns and worries
- Helping seniors find and utilize available supports and resources
- Helping people feel connected to their community and others
- Engaging senior peer volunteers in meaningful activities
Our Trained Senior Support Volunteers will
- Listen to you
- Respect your need for privacy and confidentiality
- Help you find your own solutions
- Respect your point of view and desire for personal choice
- Assist with finding accurate information
Referrals to the program can be by self referral, friends or family, community services and medical professionals.
Referrals can be made by:
- Phone: 250-204-7737
- Fax: 778-346-0016
- Email: email@example.com
Volunteers make this program possible!
Most volunteers see one person each week for one hour. This might be a home visit, going for an outing, or participating in a community recreation program. Initial training is provided and support and training meetings are held twice a month.
If you are 55+ and would like to join our team of volunteers, please contact our program coordinator by phone at (250) 204-7737 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until 2019, this program was proudly developed and operated by the VI North Women’s Resource Society.
On April 1, 2019 the Campbell River Volunteer Society was pleased to serve the community by offering this important volunteer program for seniors in our community.
The Senior Peer Support Program is partially funded by a Community Gaming Grant from the Province of British Columbia.