When Volunteer Comox Valley closed in June 2018, administration of their Facebook page was transferred to a volunteer, who was the Community Engagement Manager at Habitat for Humanity Vancouver Island North at the time. Not wanting to see this valuable resource lost to our community, we rebranded as the ‘Comox Valley Volunteer Connector’. She spent the next nine months as a volunteer, working to provide support to both nonprofits and volunteer opportunities seekers.
In a spirit of community collaboration, effective April 1, 2019, the Comox Valley Volunteer Connector began operating under the umbrella of Volunteer Campbell River and now offers the services of a ‘virtual volunteer centre.’
Why form a partnership with Volunteer Campbell River (VCR)?
- This collaborative agreement gives CVVC official nonprofit status, so we can apply for grants and funding
- It legitimizes the new organization, so we can operate as a society, not an individual/business
- VCR is providing a considerable amount of administrative support, sharing resources reduces redundancy and overhead costs.
The ‘new’ Comox Valley Volunteer Connector ensures that the Comox Valley has somewhere:
- for nonprofits to connect with potential volunteers
- for individuals to seek opportunities to give back
- to foster volunteer engagement, and
- to celebrate the volunteer spirit.
Ways to Connect to Your Community:
- Browse current opportunities here
- Visit our website https://cvvolunteerconnector.ca/
- Follow us on Facebook
- Email at email@example.com
- Call us at (250) 207-8111.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT: