This survey will help us begin to understand our community’s journey to becoming dementia friendly. This information is important to help build a plan to move forward. It should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Thank you for participating.
It’s incredible how a phone call can brighten your day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Seniors and others experiencing social isolation are more likely to experience loneliness or other emotional distress. We want to connect seniors who would benefit from a friendly phone call visit with carefully screened volunteers who want to help. ⠀
We are now shopping for seniors and other individuals who can not do their own shopping due to COVID 19 restrictions. Shopping is done weekly or bi-weekly, by a volunteer. Person pays for their groceries but there is no charge for delivery or drop off.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Referrals to the program can be by self-referral, friends or family, community services and medical professionals.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Referrals can be made by phone, fax or email. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
To find out more, visit https://www.volunteercr.ca/senior-peer-support/
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Volunteer Campbell River is currently closed to the public. We are still available through email or by leaving a voicemail and we will return your call. Our email address is email@example.com and our phone number is 250-287-8111.
Let’s join together and ensure the 12.7 million Canadian volunteers we count on receive a well-deserved round of applause. It’s time to applaud this country’s volunteers.
More information coming soon.
The Senior Peer Support Program is a FREE, confidential, one-to-one support to women and men 55+ years of age. We provide support to seniors who are experiencing:
- Lifestyle changes
- Changing relationships with family and friends
- Aging and health concerns
- and more
The goals of the Senior Peer Support Program include:
- Providing encouragement
- Helping people manage their own concerns and worries
- Helping seniors find and utilize available supports and resources
- Helping people feel connected to their community and others
- Engaging senior peer volunteers in meaningful activities
Our Trained Senior Support Volunteers will
- Listen to you
- Respect your need for privacy and confidentiality
- Help you find your own solutions
- Respect your point of view and desire for personal choice
- Assist with finding accurate information